What To Look For In An Ironing Board
Article by: Mike Davidson
Ironing is one of the many household , Waste Water Treatments functions that people usually find overwhelming. It is the task of removing wrinkles from clothes (such as shirts, pants or trousers, and skirts) with the use of a heated tool, , Make A Platform Bed - More Space In Your Bedroom. called an "iron" (modern designs , A Guide To Buying A Down Comforter that are available nowadays, however, are no longer made of iron).
Another ironing tool , Bathroom Remodeling - You Can Do That that goes with the iron is the ironing board. This is where most ironing is done, and it is generally a portable, narrow-padded board with a heat , Up the Hot Tub from 20,000 Feet resistant top and supports that can usually be folded up.
Ironing boards are just as important in ironing as the iron. A good ironing board can add to your convenience, making the seemingly difficult task of ironing a bearable one. It is therefore important that you choose an ironing board that would best suit your needs, and the following general guidelines will be able to help you by identifying the things that you should look for when choosing the ironing board to buy.
1. Size. If possible, choose the widest ironing board that you can find for a more effective ironing. A full-size ironing board is one that is at least 4 feet long and 12 to 18 inches wide.
2. Height. Most people prefer to do their ironing while standing up. Standing up for a long time, however, could result to back strain. To minimize this, it is recommended that the ironing board should at least rise to about your hip level.
3. Mobility. Another thing to consider when choosing an ironing board is the available space in your home. , Garage Door Buying Tips
In general, there are 2 types of ironing board - the built-in and the portable.
-Built-in ironing boards - as the name implies, these boards are 'built-in', usually into a drawer or a wall , Advantages of Kitchen Granite Countertops cabinet.
-Portable ironing boards - also called tabletop, these boards can be set up from one place , Marble Countertops to another, allowing you to do your ironing wherever you choose. They are also ideal for people who have limited spaces in their homes. , Waste Water Treatments
4. Weight. Choose an ironing board that is lightweight - one that not only sets up easily for use but also folds down for storage with ease. In addition, a lightweight board also enables you to transfer them from one place , Carpet Cleaning Equipment to another with less effort.
5. Sturdiness. While a good ironing board is that which is lightweight, it should also have a sturdy frame that is stable enough so that it will not collapse or tip , Tools - Choosing A Handsaw over easily as you do your ironing. Choose the most stable ironing board, with sturdy legs and a solid base - this will prevent accidents that result from ironing (such as ironing boards that fall , All About Air Conditioner Rentals over onto small children).
6. Adjustability. We have given the recommended ironing board height for people who prefer to stand up while ironing. However, there are still others who prefer to do their ironing while sitting. Then there may also be the added 'problem' of the varying height of the people in your household , Choosing a Vinyl Replacement Window Contractor who may also need to iron their clothes. The solution to this problem is to choose an ironing board that can be adjusted at a height that will be most comfortable to the person who will use it.
7. The board pad. A good ironing board pad is one that has vent 'holes' in the surface for the steam to penetrate and escape. These 'holes', however, can make an impression on the fabric of the clothes you are ironing, so it is equally important for your board to have enough padding.
Ironing boards may also come with a separate board cover that ranges from simple to the sophisticated. Modern designs , UPVC Door Lock Can Be Broken In 5 Seconds - 22 Million UK Homes At Risk feature ironing boards that are coated with non-stick or reflective surfaces ('non-stick' prevents clothes from sticking to the board; 'reflective' transfers the heat , Web Furniture Retailers Embracing Art Yet Another Reason to Shop
Online back into the clothes).
8. Other features. , Air-conditioning - Some Issues About Temperatures Aside from the 'basics', modern-day ironing boards are equipped with additional features , DIY Plumbing Repair - You Have Homeowners Insurance, Use It that allows for a more effective and convenient ironing. Some of these features , UPVC Door Lock Can Be Broken In 5 Seconds - 22 Million UK Homes At Risk are as follows:
-'Sleeve' - attached to the ironing board; a small board (about 2 feet long and 6 to 8 inches wide) used for ironing sleeves and small articles of clothes.
-Iron rest - built-in at the wide end of the board that expands the usable area for ironing and prevents the iron from falling off the board.
-Rack - for hanging clothes.
-Pedal-operated vacuum - to pull air , Roof Cleaning - Making Your Old Roof Look Like New! through the board.
Follow these guidelines, and you will surely be able to find the ironing board that is right for your needs.
Article Source: http://www.articledashboard.com
For more great ironing board information , Tools - The Right Tool For The Right Job and resources check out: www.ironingboards.info
|Dangerous Decorating: Improvements that Lower the Value of Your Home - Reality television home , Importance of Shower Filters improvement shows are no doubt fun to watch. It is amazing to see a small room , What are Sauna Kits? or entire home , Buy An Inflatable Air Mattress With Absolute Ease transformed into a show place. , Natural Cork Flooring Is The Eco-Friendly Choice Some of the most unbelievable transformations are on childrenís rooms. , Bath Magic They will take a theme like...
|Fireplace Design - A real burning issue. - Mantlepiece and grate styles have altered but the basic structural elements of a fireplace have not radically changed for hundreds of years. The early combination of a large stone , Why a microfiber sofa is able to match into any home decorating
style or brick opening with a chimney , Faulty Furnace Exhaust Vents... The Rest Of The Story built over it evolved from the obvious...
|How Your Home Can Benefit From A Furnace Humidifier - Home improvements , Choosing Bathroom Sinks for Your Home are big business these days, with many home , Remodeling - Removing Walls is Easier Than You Think owners spending a great deal of money on improving their houses , Effective Air conditioners - 9 Ways to Cut Your Energy Bill by
Half and apartments. , Getting a Handle on Cabinet Knobs However, there are also ways of keeping your home , Leather Sofa Care and belongings in good condition without spending a fortun...
|Tools: Purchasing For A Gift - Before you head to the local , Do I Really Need a Contractor? hardware store to purchase the set of screwdrivers for your tool , Homebuilding: Installing Sill Plates present to give this year, take some time to find the right gift for your loved one. Letís face it, dad has a garage , The Benefits of Wrought Iron Weather Vanes full of tools , A New Home Is A Unique Home and you have no real...
|Hardwood Floor Refinishing Tips - How to Avoid Cloudy, White Stripes - Sometimes people tell me that they spend days or weeks refinishing an older hardwood floor, , Solar Panels only to find that there are now cloudy or white , Air Conditioner Reviews stripes between the boards. It can be very frustrating, but it can be avoided. To begin with, i...
|Why should you buy an air purifier - Did you know that the indoor air , Kitchen Remodeling to Turn Your Kitchen into Lively Living Space is at least six times more contaminated than the outdoor , Fireplace Decorating air? Unfortunately, you cannot clean the outdoor air , Portable Conditioners Review but what you can do is to improve the quality of the indoor air. , How To Plan Outdoor Holiday Decorating For Your Home And Stay Within Your Budget The only device that could help you do thi...
|A Household Sugar Cane Juicer Only A Sweet Dream? -
So you've had your veggies-in-a-glass. How about putting a sugar
can juicer to work for dessert?
The modern sugar cane juicer has come a long way from the
trapiche, the old traditional wooden , A Study of Furniture Elements For Smaller Bedrooms roller press used by the
indigenous people of countries...
|Custom Builders Announce Home Elevators as the Next Appliance -
Custom home , Style & Elegance of Shutters and Safety of Hurricane Shutters builders are looking for a way to differentiate
themselves in the market place. , Using Home Remodeling Software as Your First Step
Home , The Art of Power Washing Siding elevators are being offered in many new home , Painting Concrete Basement Walls - Add Colorful Spice to Your Basement developments
as method to attract new home , Kitchen Cabinet Refacing buyers.
The home , Appliance Parts elevator is also allowing custom home , Where Did Rat Poison Come From? builde...
|The Tabletop Industry -
The Tabletop Market The tabletop market is made up of three
major branches: china, silver and crystal. "China" refers to the
dishes that most families use about twice a year, or if you're
from a family like mine, almost never. My family saved those
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |