Real Estate: Seller's Checklist
Article by: Gil Strachan
Oh my, what if they find something wrong?!
* Over the years, professional home , Air Purifiers For Pure Breathing inspectors have identified a list of problems that typically appear on purchasers' home , Sand Filters for Swimming Pools inspection reports. Early correction of these problems can increase a home's appeal, and it's selling price. Correction also sets the stage for a favourable home , Air Purifiers For Pure Breathing inspection report should the purchaser request one, and thereby helps to streamline your sale. The following checklist can help you achieve your marketing goals.
* Using the checklist as a guide to examine your house , Glass Deck Railings – Where Class Should Be Visible will enable you to see your house , Home Inspection the way a prospective purchaser or a professional home , Choosing an efficient dishwashers inspector might.
o Is your home , Try using bathroom mirrors in your bathroom to reflect objects
of interest physically fit? To give your home , How to achieve optimal sleep quality with a tempurpedic foam
mattress a competitve edge when it's time to sell, make sure it is in good physical condition. This not only makes your house , Vacuums The Importance of Attachments more attractive and desirable, it also simplifies or elimates the negotiation process when the time comes for the buyer's pre-purchase inspection.
According to home , How to achieve optimal sleep quality with a tempurpedic foam
mattress inspection experts everywhere, approximately half of the resale homes , Toxic Mold on the market today have at least one significant defect. Routine maintenance is the best way to prevent major costly problems from developing in the first place. , Toxic Mold So, if you've been putting off repairs, , Shower Filters Reducing Risks now is the time to catch up, as quick as you can!
To identify which components are most in need of repair, , Twenty-First-Century Barn Raising many sellers now enlist professional home , Bathroom Remodeling on a Budget - Remodel Your Bathroom in Stages inspectors before putting up the 'For Sale' sign.
* What is a home , About Foggers and Misters for Ponds and Fountains inspection?
A professional home , Building inspection is an objective, in-depth visual examination of a home's structure and operating systems, and should result in a detailed report describing the condition of the home. , Vacuum Cleaners The Next Generation The main intent of a home , What is Cabinet Refacing? inspection is to educate the client as to the physical condition of the home. , The Best Kept Secrets In Kitchen Designs
o No house , Case Goods is perfect, and a home , Why You Need a Gutter inspection is not intended to identify every little blemish or minute surface imperfection. The concientious home , About Foggers and Misters for Ponds and Fountains inspector tries to discover if there are major defects in a home , Kitchen Appliance that the client, and perhaps no one else, is aware of - and should also point out the positive aspects of a house. , Home Kitchen Appliance A good or better than average report can be a good marketing tool , Why Invest In A Gazebo? for vendors and their agents.
Print this list and check it twice:
Check the major systems.
After size, style and location, , Air Purifiers For Pure Breathing a home , Why You Need a Gutter buyer's primary concern is the condition of the basic structure and major electro-mechanical systems. Most buyers do not want to invest a great deal of money correcting problems in such critical areas. A thorough investigation of the following major items should be made in order to determine if they are serviceable:
* Roof , Twenty-First-Century Barn Raising structure and covering
* Foundation, basement, , Bathroom Remodeling on a Budget - Remodel Your Bathroom in Stages and/or crawl space
* Central heating and air , Septic Systems: The Inside Story - Two Main Causes of System Failures conditioning systems
* Electrical system
* Plumbing , Are Sun Rooms Safe? system
Make maintenance improvements. , Toxic Mold
The maintenance improvements , Kitchen remodeling and design ideas listed below are relatively easy and inexpensive to make, yet they can substantially improve a home's appearance, efficiency and comfort.
* Trim trees , Case Goods and shrubs , Bathroom Remodeling on a Budget - Remodel Your Bathroom in Stages which touch or overhang the house. , Are Your Home Theater Speakers in the Right Place?
* Apply new caulking and weatherstripping as needed around windows , Choosing an efficient dishwashers and doors. , Family Health - Investing In An Ionic Air Purifier
* Clean gutters of debris and leaves, repair , DIY Homes In The UK or replace cracked or broken gutters, downspouts and extensions to ensure proper drainage
* Replace bathroom , A Tutorial To Pumps caulk or grout where necessary to prevent seepage and improve appearance.
* Ventilate closed basements , Kitchen remodeling and design ideas and crawl spaces, or install a dehumidifier to prevent excessive.
* Regrade soil , Air Purifiers For Pure Breathing around the house , Sand Filters for Swimming Pools to prevent ponding of water , Try using bathroom mirrors in your bathroom to reflect objects
of interest next to the foundation
* Replace dirty filters in the heating and ventilating systems
* Have the heating, ventilating and air-conditioning systems professionally serviced
* Have chimneys , Why You Need a Gutter professionally cleaned & inspected, and install chimney , Increase the Selling Price of Your House with House Painting hoods and caps as required. For wood-burning installations insist on a WETT Certified Technician.
Pay attention to details.
Fixing even minor items can go a long way toward improving that important first impression of your home. , Why Invest In A Gazebo? Here are some improvements , Sand Filters for Swimming Pools which you might consider:
* Repair , How to achieve optimal sleep quality with a tempurpedic foam
mattress leaky faucets
* Tighten loose door , Try using bathroom mirrors in your bathroom to reflect objects
of interest knobs
* Replace damaged screens
* Replace broken panes of glass , Hire Independent Contractor to Get the Best Remodeling Results - cloudy sealed-pane units can often be replaced inexpensively, and will drastically improve the appearance of a window , What is Cabinet Refacing? or patio , The Best Kept Secrets In Kitchen Designs door.
* Replace burned-out light , Ordering Parts For Your Plumbing Through The Mail bulbs, and wherever possible, replace broken light , A Tutorial To Pumps fixtures
* Secure loose railings
* Patch small holes in walls , A Tutorial To Pumps and ceilings and repaint
* Repair , Hire Independent Contractor to Get the Best Remodeling Results or replace faded or peeling wallpaper
* Repair , Keep Your China Cabinet in Beautiful Condition and coat the driveway
Take safety , Sauna Gas Heaters For Home And Commercial Saunas precautions.
Pay attention to items relating to protecting the home , Quality Composite Decking and its occupants from danger. The following are important safety , Water Heaters - Which One For You precaution which home , Sand Filters for Swimming Pools buyers will appreciate, are relatively easy to implement and shouldn't cost a lot. And they'll create a great impression!
* Installing good quality smoke detectors
* Installing a good quality carbon-monoxide detector
* Ensure adequate outdoor , Bathroom Remodeling on a Budget - Remodel Your Bathroom in Stages lighting, especially in suburban and rural locales
* 'GFCI' outlets outdoors , Shower Filters Reducing Risks and in wet locations , Different Types of Water Filters such a bath & laundry , The Best Kept Secrets In Kitchen Designs areas.
* Keep the stairwells tidy and free of debris and obstructions, and leave plenty of clearance around the garage , Case Goods door, electrical panel and furnace.
* Keep flammables and combustibles away from the furnace and other utility areas.
* If you have direct entry from the garage , How to achieve optimal sleep quality with a tempurpedic foam
mattress to the interior , Buy Window Coverings with Confidence of the home, , Toxic Mold consider installing a hydraulic or other form of auto-closure device on the door. , Air Purifiers For Pure Breathing
* Check the 'down' tension on garage , Quality Composite Decking door openers, and ensure that the door , Quality Composite Decking reverses without an excessive amount of pressure.
Make cosmetic improvements. , Shower Doors – Choosing The Right One For You
An attractive, clean and tidy appearance will enhance your home's appeal. In addition to making any necessary repairs, , Quality Composite Decking remember to:
* Keep the lawn , Bathroom Remodeling on a Budget - Remodel Your Bathroom in Stages mowed and the house , Quality Composite Decking 'picked-up'
* Clean the exterior walls , Shower Filters Reducing Risks & trim, and wash the windows , Tips For Accessorizing Your Home squeeky clean.
* Open the shades and curtains to create a bright, inviting atmosphere.
* Pay particular attention to the cleanliness and comfort of the kitchen , About Foggers and Misters for Ponds and Fountains and bathrooms. , Keep Your China Cabinet in Beautiful Condition
Prepare for the buyer's inspection.
More and more purchasers are requesting pre-purchase inspections. It's a good idea to assemble in advance, the various house , What is Cabinet Refacing? records that can be used to answer questions from the purchaser and their inspector.
You should try to have on hand:
* Appliance receipts, service records and warranties
* Information , Home Kitchen Appliance on the age of major components such as the roof , Tips For Accessorizing Your Home coverings, furnace, air-conditioner, etc.
* Major component warranties (e.g. roofing, , Are Sun Rooms Safe? siding, windows, , Water Heaters - Which One For You carpeting furnace and other appliances
* Heating, water , Shower Filters Reducing Risks and electric , Central Air Conditioning bills from at least the past 12 months
How did your house , Your Guide To The Best Home Water Filter Systems make out?
Hopefully, this home , Vacuums The Importance of Attachments seller's checklist has helped you gain a clearer knowledge of your home's overall condition - from a buyer's perspective. Now you can make repairs , Home Inspection or improvements , Water Heaters - Which One For You will will increase your home's marketability. And remember, you ARE marketing your house , Shower Doors – Choosing The Right One For You - you probably wouldn't try to sell your car without making it clean and ready. It just makes good sense! Of course, even if your house , What are the True Costs of Building and Owning an In-ground Swimming Pool? is already in optimum condition, a professional home , Tips For Accessorizing Your inspection can also be a good marketing tool. , Vacuums The Importance of Attachments Just leave a copy of the report on the kitchen , Home Inspection table for agents and purchasers to read.Copyright Gil Strachan - All rights reserved.
Gil Strachan is a professional home , What is Cabinet Refacing? inspector, representing Electrospec Home , Shower Doors – Choosing The Right One For You Inspection Services in east-central Ontario, Canada since 1994. Visit http://www.allaroundthehouse.com to learn more about home , Buy Window Coverings with Confidence inspections.
"The Home , Inspection Reference Book"
You can probably find a home , Family Health - Investing In An Ionic Air Purifier inspection for a little less than what we ask, but you probably won't find the Home , Why You Need a Gutter Reference Book. A $60 value, this solutions-oriented reference tool , Home Building comes free with every inspection we perform.
It's the first tool , Are Your Home Theater Speakers in the Right Place? you should have around the house! , Tips For Accessorizing Your Home
|A Guide to Home Dehumidifiers - It can be difficult to choose from among the countless home , Three Great Concepts for Remodeling a Master Bedroom dehumidifiers out there. First, determine the square footage of the largest room , 10 ways to cut your electric bill you plan , Geothermal Heat Pumps 101 to dehumidify. The larger the room, , Single Pane Glass Repair in an Aluminum Frame, Part 2 the larger the dehumidifier should be. Check the label on the...
|Visco Memory Foam Guide -
© Charles C Harmon Co / http://www.memory-foam-buyers-guide.org
A visco memory foam mattress gets it's name from the
visco-elastic material developed for NASA in the early 1970's in
conjunction with the space program.
The astronauts in the space...
|House Plans - Research Is Key - When you think about building , Patio Furniture - The One-Minute Makeover For Your Backyard! your new home , Wholesale Vinyl Flooring Is Perfect For Wherever You Need It consider your needs and your lifestyle. If you are newlyweds your choices will be different from a couple who is ready to retire and is looking for a smaller home. , Air Purifier: What You Need The Most The lot may affect the type of house , New Answer to Age Old Problem: How to Find a Contractor? an...
|How to Combine Styles in your Decorating Scheme - A well decorated home , Allow Me to Introduce You to the Fungus Family is one unified whole with rooms , Canvas Awnings – How To Care For Them And Keep Them Good As New that blend and relate to
each other like members of a family. The goal of any room , A Certified Roofing Contractor-Your best Choice arrangement in your
house , Financing Residential Solar Power is a simple grouping of furniture , Remodelling Your Bathroom On A Budget pieces that work toward its purpose, dining,
|A Place For Everything And Everything In Its Place - Tax season , Mahogany's Beauty and Durability Makes it Ideal for Deck Construction is over...The spring , Planning Permission Tips Uk - How To Select A Property to Extend or Develop holidays have passed...
Hopefully by now you have sent your taxes in and recovered from your spring , Choosing A Comforter For Your Bed holiday preparation. You can RELAX!
Sit back, get excited for summer. , Choosing A Comforter For Your Bed Just don't let things slide too much....
|Homeowners – Here is a Step by Step Guide to Help You Hire a Quality Home Improvement Contractor - Before talking to any contractors , Why Should You Need Tools for Everyday Living the first thing to do is create a budget for the project. Without a budget you will be flying blind and may end up over spending. Having a tight budget will also help you make decisions about what kind of fixtur...
|A Household Sugar Cane Juicer Only A Sweet Dream? -
So you've had your veggies-in-a-glass. How about putting a sugar
can juicer to work for dessert?
The modern sugar cane juicer has come a long way from the
trapiche, the old traditional wooden , The Perfect Ceramic Tile: A Guide roller press used by the
indigenous people of countries...
|Save Energy and Money this Winter - Improve Your Home with Double Glazing and Insulation - With the price of gas , Why Soy Candles Are Better! and electricity , Carpet Cleaning on a seemingly endless series of climbs, now is a good time to take a look around your home , Have A Good Time with Friends Around A Cozy Fireplace and see where you can make some energy , Fire Pit Essentials savings.Over 20% of the heat , Grandfather Clocks - A time honored tradition lost from your home , Why Hiring a Painting Contractor Makes Good Sense goes straight out of t...
|Creative Concrete Stamping - Stamping concrete , Chlorine Removal by Shower Head Filters is a great way for you to imitate the look and fee of authentic stone, , The Omega Juicer: A Superfood Fountain? brick, or pavement without having to spend as much. There are rubber patterns that create the impression of natural , How Often Should You Change Your Air Conditioner Filter stone for this purpose. There are also rea...
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |