How to Use Do-It-Yourself Toxic Mold Test Kits
Article by: Phillip Fry
VANCOUVER, CANADA. Many homeowners, landlords, renters, property , The most important decision you will ever make in roofing your home managers, business owners, and employees want to know, and need to know, the precise identities of the various toxic mold species inhabiting their home, , The Lasting Appeal of Adirondack Chairs rental property, , Exterior Paint Schemes For Historical Houses or place , What is Design Psychology and How Will it Help Me? of work, according to Phillip Fry, Certified Mold Inspector and author of the mold book Do-It-Best-Yourself Mold Prevention, Inspection, Testing, and Remediation.
To identify correctly toxic mold species, take these two steps: (1) use do-it-yourself mold test kits to collect mold samples during a thorough and complete building , Ceiling Medallions, Crown Molding, and Ceiling Domes: 3 Ways to Add Elegance and Beauty to Any Room mold inspection and investigation; and (2) send the collected mold test samples to a mold laboratory for mold analysis and mold species identification.
Testing Visible Mold Growth
If a resident or occupant sees mold growing , Candle Scents To Enhance the Season: Fall Into Winter on a wall, , There Is Always Something To Improve Or Innovate For Comfort ceiling, floor, , Water ionizers - every home needs one heating or cooling duct register, or any other surface, he can scrape mold particles off the mold growth area onto the sticky surface of the opened mold test kit.
During such scraping of the mold growth, the tester needs to wear rubber gloves and a full-face respirator mask with organic , Effective Air Conditioners - 9 Ways to Cut Your Energy Bill by Half vapor filters (such as the 3M brand from a large hardware, , Get Your Act Together With Kitchen Drawer Organizers home , Get Your Act Together With Kitchen Drawer Organizers improvement, or safety , Pool Decking - The Perfect Way To Beautify The Area Around Your Pool store) to protect against toxic mold exposure.
To do the scraping, use a new or thoroughly disinfected (with ethyl or rubbing alcohol) paint , Water ionizers - every home needs one scraper. Disinfect the scraper after each individual sampling to remove any possible mold contaminants, and thus avoid mold cross-contamination in the sampling process from one sample location , Tips On Building A Workbench to another.
Print clearly and neatly on a large pressure sensitive label the property , Overview Of Evaporative Air Coolers owner's name, the property , Carpet Dye: What You Should Know address, the precise test location , How to Find Quality Kitchen Cabinets at that address, the testing date, and the type of sampling method ("mold test kit settling"¬Ě), time duration of the test (e.g., thirty to sixty minutes) along with the tester's name and contact information. , Tools - Machine Tools
The label should also include each individual test number, as listed on the mold chain of custody form, available free from the mold laboratory. Attach the label to the bottom of the mold test kit that contains that respective, numbered mold sample.
Mold Testing of the Indoor , Effective Air Conditioners - 9 Ways to Cut Your Energy Bill by Half Air
Use a separate mold test kit to collect a mold sample from the air , Toxic Mold Tort Experts of each of these areas---
1. Heating/cooling duct register. Expose the sticky side of an open mold test kit (one for each duct register) to the outward airflow from each separate heating/cooling duct register. Tape the open test kit to the duct grill so that the airflow directly hits the sticky surface.
Run the heating/cooling system on fan ventilation for 10 minutes prior to removing the mold test kit from each tested duct register. Then close, seal, and label each mold test kit.
2. Room Air , What to Look For When Purchasing an Compressor by the Settling Method. Mold test the air , Solar Energy is thought provoking of each room, , Harnessing the Sun for Your Home - Key Components attic, basement, , How to Clean Mattress Stains crawl space, and the garage , Carpet Dye: What You Should Know by first running a cleaned fan to stir up each room , Pool Decking - The Perfect Way To Beautify The Area Around Your Pool or area's air , Gas or Electric Cookers? Which Is Best? all around for about 15 minutes.
Thoroughly clean the fan blades and fan guard with rubbing alcohol or ethyl alcohol after the fan's use in each separate testing location. , Dishwasher Fever - What these Large Appliances Offer!
Then shut off the fan, open up a mold test kit, place , Unadulterated Truth About Black Mold: What You Donít Know Is Destroying Your Home And Your Health it open side upwards in the middle of the room , Low Cost Do It Yourself Home Improvements [on the floor, , Low Cost Do It Yourself Home Improvements or upon a table or chair] for thirty minutes to one hour to allow airborne mold spores to settle down onto the sticky surface of the mold test kit.
Be sure to use the same time for all air , Searching for the Perfect Memory Foam, Throw or Decorative
Pillows test locations , Get Your Act Together With Kitchen Drawer Organizers for the standardization of the mold test results. Then close, seal, and label the mold test kits.
3. Outdoor , Shower Doors - How to Combine Practicality With Style Mold Control Test. The mold lab results of the indoor , Toxic Mold Tort Experts mold tests have the most significance when the results of each indoor , Laminate Flooring is Built for the Twenty First Century location's testing can be compared with the results of the outdoor , Unadulterated Truth About Black Mold: What You Donít Know Is Destroying Your Home And Your Health mold control test.
The control test should be a mold test kit left open on the ground outside , HEPA Vacuum Cleaners - The Healthiest Clean for Your Home the building , Toxic Mold Tort Experts and at least five feet beyond the drip edge of the room. , Laminate Floor - Stylish, Convenient and Robust Use the same time (thirty minutes to one hour) that was utilized in the indoor air , Humidifier or Dehumidifier - Which is Right for You? tests for the settling method tests. There should be no rain or snow , Three Great Concepts for Remodeling a Master Bedroom falling.
Self-Interpretation of Mold Test Kit Results
The tester can then either watch the test kits himself for mold growth, with self-interpretation of the mold test kit results, over a seven day time period, or send the mold test kit to the mold lab immediately, or after the self-observation growth period.
Here is how to , Carpet Dye: What You Should Know self-interpret the visible mold growth in the mold test kits after seven days of mold growth---
1. If the tester observes and count a greater number of mold colonies of any particular mold colony type (possessing the same or similar color, , Solar Energy is thought provoking shape and/or structural pattern) growing , Toxic Mold Tort Experts in one indoor , Overview Of Evaporative Air Coolers mold test kit than in the outdoor , Low Cost Do It Yourself Home Improvements control mold test kit, then the tester can reasonably decide that there is a possible indoor-generated mold infestation in the area/location involved in that particular mold test.
2. If the tester observes a particular mold colony type growing , Toxic Mold Tort Experts in a particular indoor , How to Clean Mattress Stains mold test sample that is NOT present in the outdoor , Anti Static Mats control mold test, then the tester can reasonably conclude that there is a possible indoor-generated mold infestation in the area/location in which he conducted that particular mold test.
3. If the tester observes three or more of the same mold colony type growing , Wooden Shutters - Interior Shutters for Home, Office, Restaurant, Cafe in one mold test kit, then the tester can reasonably conclude that there is a possible mold infestation in the area/location in which he conducted that particular mold test, regardless of the number of similar mold colonies present in the outdoor , How to Find Quality Kitchen Cabinets control test.
Why is that conclusion possible? Consider this rat analogy: if there are only three rats living inside , Three Great Concepts for Remodeling a Master Bedroom a particular area of one's home , Laminate Floor - Stylish, Convenient and Robust or building, , Flood-proof Flooring is there no indoor , Dishwasher Fever - What these Large Appliances Offer! rat problem just because there are more rats living immediately outside , Guide To Water Leak Detection In Our Homes of the home , 5 Tips To Find Step Ladders That Are Cheap or building?
It is the time-cumulative exposure and body intake of even modest numbers of indoor , Exterior Paint Schemes For Historical Houses airborne mold spores that makes residents or occupants sick from mold exposure. Because residents or occupants spend many hours per day indoors , Dishwasher Detergent Cup Ė A Sticky Situation in a home , Deck Decorating or workplace, they are continually inhaling or ingesting mold spores.
When the mold spores enter into the residents' eyes, nasal/sinus areas, lungs, stomach (eating and drinking food , Get Your Act Together With Kitchen Drawer Organizers and beverages upon which airborne mold spores have landed), or open body sores, the mold-spores, once inside , Harnessing the Sun for Your Home - Key Components the body, can begin dangerous mold growth inside , Toxic Mold Tort Experts the body because of the abundance of body moisture , Unadulterated Truth About Black Mold: What You Donít Know Is Destroying Your Home And Your Health and food , 5 Tips To Find Step Ladders That Are Cheap to eat (people's bodies)!
4. If the tester observes three or more of the same mold colony types in several or many mold tests taken from different areas of the home , Laminate Floor Care or building, , Flood-proof Flooring the tester can reasonably conclude that the mold species is possibly widespread in its contamination of the tested home , Get Your Act Together With Kitchen Drawer Organizers or building. , Harnessing the Sun for Your Home - Key Components
The most dangerous mold species to residents and occupants are the molds that are omni-present through out the home , Benefits of the Little Giant Ladder System or building, , Flood-proof Flooring thus causing widespread, cumulative mold exposure and body intake.
For more information , Flood-proof Flooring about the use of mold test kits, mold laboratory analysis, and mold species identification, please visit:
http://www.moldmart.netMr. Phillip Fry, a Certified Mold Inspector and a Certified Mold Remediator is also the author the widely read mold advice , HEPA Vacuum Cleaners - The Healthiest Clean for Your Home ebook "Do-It-Yourself Mold Prevention, Inspection, Testing and Remediation" and "Mold Health Guide." He also co-authored "Mold Legal Guide."
|Boilers - Boilers are a common heating device for most homes , Why is Having a Dust Collector So Important in the US. The warmth generated by boilers through an intricate system has made the lives of millions in the US comfortable. Boilers have become a necessity in the US and there is hardly a househ...
|Working With Your Home, Not Against It - The importance of an organized, well-run home , Propane Refrigerators Are a Hot Idea can not be over-stressed. Your home, , Pressure Washer Repair and thus your family, will run more efficiently, and with efficiency comes less stress and more joy. More time to enjoy the pleasures of life. The little time it takes...
|New Homes are Ripe for Solar Power - In the last five years many Americans have bought new homes , How To Choose A Dishwasher and in fact this has been one of the biggest housing booms in U.S. history. More people have bought new homes , Wood Or Metal Playground Equipment then in any other time in our nation. What many people may not realize is th...
|Remodeling - Remodeling your house , Home Inspectors - Are They Worth It? can turn out to be an expensive affair. Before embarking on remodeling of your house, , Laminate Flooring - Everything You Need To Know it is better to know the returns on your remodeling would be. Would it be cheaper for instance, to build a new house , How To Cut And Polish Granite? than to undertake the...
|Installing a Shower Pan Membrane Liner for a Custom Ceramic Tile Shower - Installing a custom ceramic tile , Creative Cooking and Storage for Kitchen Islands shower in your home , Carpet Choices is something a do it yourself , Creative Cooking and Storage for Kitchen Islands homeowner can do with a little upfront knowledge. The most important aspect of a successful custom ceramic tile , Unlocking Your Dungeon: How to Finish a Basement Without Finishing off Your Checkbook shower installation is properly installing a shower...
|The Reasons Why Gas Fireplace Logs Heat Your Chimney Better Than
Your Room -
Frustrated with the lack of heat , Simple Guide to Refinishing Your Hardwood Flooring you get from your natural , Pellet-stove Part. II gas
fire , Glass Sinks-Where Art Meets Function place log set? Carl Herkes explains why gas , Bedroom Feng Shui: 8 Important Considerations fireplace logs
Natural , Energy Conservation - Simple Tips that Will Reduce Your Energy Bill gas , Home Air Purifiers: Healthy Home Solution is on the rise. It is predicted to double in cost
this year. Are you afraid to use your gas , 10 Easy Steps To An Organized Home Office f...
|Air Purifiers; Top Buying Tips - A wide range of air , Radiant Heat and Concrete Ė Why proper curing is so important cleaner related searches could possibly have led you to a air , Factors that Constitute a Quality Laminate Floor purifier or house , What Are Some Of The Different Types Of Welding? and home , Swamp Coolers - Cool Air At Low Cost targeted directory, queries like "deals on rain fresh RFA 3500 Air , Making A Preventive Stop With Pool Covers Purifier Ozonators" or "guides on Friedrich C 90A Electronic Air , Thawing Frozen Pipes Without a Plumber Purifiers...
|Country Decorating - What Influences Your Decorating Style? -
What features , The Latest Furniture Trends Today compel us to decide upon a particular decorating
, Make Your Kitchen Sparkle With A Glass Washing Brush style? The process begins with what we want our home , Discount Wood Flooring to feel
like and what we want out of the environment, , Hanging Drywall in which we spend
our quality time. Being with our families, enjoying time with...
|Design Bathrooms on a Budget - Creating a stunning bathroom , Do The Discount Juicer Jive With Some Dashing Juicers! complete with all the luxuries from whirlpool baths, a double basin vanity to radiator towel warmers, finished off with glam bathroom , Air Duct Cleaning Robots - Are They Effective on Residential Jobs? fixtures and accessories , Air Duct Cleaning Robots - Are They Effective on Residential Jobs? for the ultimate dream bathroom , Digital satellite TV systems create a whole new entertainment
world is every homeownerís desire...
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |