Getting Started with Kitchen Remodeling
Article by: John Mangan
Thinking of remodeling or renovating , Gas Boiler: Help! My Home is Heated by (GASP) Hot Water Heated by Electric Boiler! your kitchen? Here are a few tips , Bad News Critters - Beware of Animals in Crawl Spaces for preparation and avoiding common pitfalls.
If you have a large kitchen , Types Of Persian Rugs remodeling project you will need to set up a temporary kitchen , Finding The Right Home Furnishing Store a different part of the house. , Bad News Critters - Beware of Animals in Crawl Spaces It's important that the location , Is This Your Dream Home? you choose is convenient and have unrestricted access to water , How To Store And Handle The Cleaning Chemicals Safely? and allow you to keep foods , Design With Solar Landscape Lighting and Lighting Fixtures in Mind refrigerated as well as heat foods , A Step By Step Guide To Opening Your Swimming Pool up. It's also a good idea to have easy access to portable cooking appliances such as a microwave, electric , The Cost of Remodeling a Bathroom wok and electric , Prefabricated Metal Buildings frying pan. Daily life must go on and you don't want to be eating take-out every night or running to the neighbour's house , Why Invest In A Gazebo? every time you need something from the refrigerator.
Here are the Top 5 Most Common Mistakes in Kitchen , Bad News Critters - Beware of Animals in Crawl Spaces Remodeling:
1. Damaging the wall , Homebuilding: Installing Sill Plates as you remove old cabinets
2. Damaging bench , Home Saunas - Improve Your Health and Enhance Your Home With A Design That Fits Your Lifestyle tops, cabinets or floors , Tips to Ensure You Get the Right Home Improvement Contractor you plan , Selecting A Canopy to re-use
3. Not shutting down utilities before starting your project
4. Allowing dust and debris to spread throughout the house
5. Not allowing enough time to complete your project
Before You Get Started
1. Box and seal everything that will not be used in your temporary kitchen. , Selecting A Canopy Label the boxes and store them in a different part of the house. , Why Use Water Filters
2. Remove anything from the kitchen , Homebuilding: Installing Sill Plates that isn't nailed or screwed down. This includes drawers, lazy susans, spice racks, wall , How To Choose Laminate Flooring For Your Home clocks, art work, ornaments, pots , Prefabricated Garages and pans etc. Place , Cleaning A Child's Bedroom - 15 Minutes A Day a protective cover over anything that must remain in place , Design With Solar Landscape Lighting and Lighting Fixtures in Mind while you are working.
3. Make arrangements for the removal of any rubbish that may accumulate during your remodeling project. If you must rent a dumpster, do so in plenty of time or have a utility on hand for removing the rubbish to the dump. If you plan , Homebuilding: Installing Sill Plates to salvage the old cabinetry for a workshop or donation to a charitable cause, have a place , Where’s the Care Label for my New Bedspread? ready for them to go as you take them out of your work area.
4. Before removing any major appliances, turn off all utilities. This can be done at the individual shut off valves for gas , How To Find Cat Mailboxes and water. , Elegant and Private Bathroom Window Coverings If there are no shut off valves, you will have to turn off the main valve. The main gas , The Need for National Regulations and Testing in the Home Improvement Industry valve is usually located near the gas , Creating a Custom Kitchen Island When Remodeling the Kitchen meter. Remember that, once you turn off the gas , Try IPE Decking Tiles – Give Your Deck A Facelift to the whole house, , Gas Boiler: Help! My Home is Heated by (GASP) Hot Water Heated by Electric Boiler! ALL pilot lights , Repairing Pinhole Leaks in Copper Pipes will have to be relit before they will work again. Without very careful planning you may well find yourself , Heat Pumps without hot water , Bamboo Flooring for the 21st Century when you're ready to clean up after a hard day's work.
5. Disconnect fuses or turn off circuits to the area in which you will be working. In older homes, , Why Use Water Filters the wiring may have been modified over the years and it may not be clear which circuits or fuses control specific areas. If you are unsure, turn off the main power , Cleaning A Child's Bedroom - 15 Minutes A Day or get contact an electrician. Never take a chance with electricity! , Home Saunas - Improve Your Health and Enhance Your Home With A Design That Fits Your Lifestyle In addition, tape over the breakers so they won't be turned on inadvertently. If you plan , Home Heating - Furnaces to Space Heaters, Inspections are Important on upgrading your electrical system and adding new outlets and fixtures, it will be necessary to dismantle all existing outlets and fixtures.
6. Remove all light , How To Find Cat Mailboxes bulbs. Then, dismantle each fixture by using a screwdriver to unscrew the plate and the receptacle and pull the receptacle out of the box. Put wire nuts on any exposed wires for the interim. The bare copper , Bamboo Flooring for the 21st Century wire is the ground and does not need to be capped.
Kitchen remodeling can be a rewarding and satisfying experience by planning right and avoiding the pitfalls.John Mangan is webmaster at Home , How To Install Bamboo Flooring Improvement Catalog Online
|Tools - About Buying, Using, and Maintaining Your Tools - My tool , Adjustable Bed - Start Each Day on the Right Note drawer 12 years ago contained the following: a
hammer, needle-nosed pliers, and a Philips screwdriver.
That's it. If I needed a flat , Glass Railing - Where Class Should Be Visible screwdriver, I used a butter
knife. If I needed to measure something, I used a ruler.
If I needed...
|Homebuilding: Installing Sill Plates - When building , Switchplates 101 - the Basics a house, , Air Conditioners Become Energy Efficient installing the sill plates correctly
will determine how straight and square the finished product , Great information regarding sauna selection
will be.Hopefully the concrete , Unwelcome Guests: Furry Visitors; Part III contractor did his job and left you
with a reasonably straight and square foundatio...
|Adding The Christian Faith To Your Home Decor -
There are several ways to bring the Christian Faith into your
home , Taking A Closer Look At American Indian Beadwork decor. , Contemporary Furniture Trends The most obvious is to add a wall , Lawrence Bedding Collections and Ensembles cross or crucifix.
Today, there are many styles and materials from which to choose.
Crosses and crucifixes made from wrought-iron, other meta...
|Carpet Care Tips for Today's Household -
A carpet , Installing a Brick or Paver Walkway is an important element in your home, , Surviving Winter in Style or room , Installing a Brick or Paver Walkway area,
since it is the point of contact between you and the floor , Architect or Building Designer - Who Do You Choose? and
also because it plays a significant role in the visual layout of
the room. , Installing a Brick or Paver Walkway Taking care of the carpet , Tips to Ensure You Get the Right Home Improvement Contractor is not a hard task, but
|Why You Should Consider Staining Your Concrete Floor - Acid staining can make a common concrete floor , The Secrets to Cleaning Area Rugs Confidently into look like expensive natural , How to Make Your House-Painting Project Look Professional stone flooring. , The Secrets to Cleaning Area Rugs Confidently Not only is it a fraction of the price, but for people allergic to carpeting materials itÂ’s a godsend. Another great application is in houses , Planning Permission Tips UK - Pre-application Enquiries to the Council - Is the Delay Worthwhile? with radian...
|How to Clean Mattress Stains - Sooner or later, almost every mattress ends up with a stain. While it's true that only the person who changes , Home Decorating Tips: Fun with Flooring Ideas the bed , Cork Flooring Is The Best Option Around For Durability And Aesthetic Value will see whether or not the mattress is stained, ignoring the stain won't make it go away. You can learn how to , Dust Collection: Is It Your Concern? clean mattress stain...
|Fireplace Design - A real burning issue. - Mantlepiece and grate styles have altered but the basic structural elements of a fireplace have not radically changed for hundreds of years. The early combination of a large stone , How to Wallpaper Like a Pro! or brick opening with a chimney , Hardwood Floors - 7 Tips For Selecting Perfect Flooring built over it evolved from the obvious...
|Air Conditioner Repair - Most problems that people face with air , Log Homes - What's Different About Log Homes? conditioners can be solved by simple maintenance and cleaning. A regular cleaning of the air , How Buying Furniture Online Can Save You Time And Money conditioner grille and filter helps to increase its longevity and make it more efficient at cooling. Sometimes par...
|Great Chef Cookware Starts Selling Kitchen Products on the World
Wide Web -
Lynn, MA - A new company has emerged and is making it's mark as
the leader in the knowledge of kitchen products. , What To Look For In USPS Mailboxes Six months ago,
Great Chef Cookware (www.greatchefcookware.com) was started by
Jennifer Santerre. As a stay at home , Let’s “Clear the Air” Shall We? mom with two childre...
mygarden.net.au | | | | | | | | | | |